Concurrent Enrollment allows students in high school to earn college credit by taking classes at the community college or college level. There are some additional steps students need to take to register for these classes. Please check the resources below for the most current information. If you have specific questions about concurrent enrollment you can always reach out to your counselor.
Concurrent Enrollment is a tremendous opportunity which provides access to college courses at Front Range Community College (FRCC) that may not be available at Niwot High School. In St. Vrain Valley Schools, students from grades 9-12 who demonstrate academic preparedness are eligible for the Concurrent Enrollment Program. Students interested in Concurrent Enrollment must attend a meeting during the semester prior to the one in which they’d like to take college courses.
Concurrent Enrollment Registration for Fall 2021 classes will open on April 26th!
The most Frequently Asked Question… How can I qualify for Concurrent Enrollment courses?
- Surpass the highest level of a content area available in SVVSD. For example, if a student completes AP Spanish, they may take higher levels of Spanish at FRCC.
- Take a course that does not exist in SVVSD, such as American Sign Language or Astronomy, just to name a few.
- Participate in a course at CDC or The Innovation Center that offers Concurrent Enrollment (The Innovation Center and CDC manage all aspects of Concurrent Enrollment for their courses)
For the purposes of Niwot High Concurrent Enrollment qualification, SVVSD includes: NHS, CDC, and the Innovation Center
STEPS TO APPLY FOR CONCURRENT ENROLLMENT for the Spring 2021 Semester:
1) ATTEND ONE of the Concurrent Enrollment Meetings to learn about the Concurrent Enrollment qualification and process.
These meetings will be held via Webex on:
- Tuesday, April 6th, @ 11:00 AM.
- Wednesday, April 7th, @ 3:00 PM.
- Friday, April 9th, @ 11:30 AM.
If you missed one of our meetings, you must review the Concurrent Enrollment Meeting Slideshow
2) SEARCH the FRCC Fall 2021 Course Schedule and Catalog to identify the course name/s and number for POTENTIAL courses (Course Schedule will be posted on 4/15/2021)
3) EMAIL your School Counselor or Mr. Keyek to discuss potential courses.
4) Follow the STEPS to ENROLL at Front Range Community College
- You must ENROLL at FRCC prior to applying for course approval with SVVSD (You’ll need your FRCC ‘S number’ for your SVVSD application)
- Students who are already enrolled at FRCC do not need to re-apply to FRCC
- FRCC has created a fantastic application and information video specific for Concurrent Enrollment students.
5) AFTER emailing with your counselor and enrolling with FRCC, APPLY ONLINE with SVVSD for course approval, by 2:30 pm on Friday, May 7th, 2021.
6) AFTER submitting your SVVSD Application, Print your Program Agreement form, sign it, have parent sign it and return to Mr. Keyek. You may email photos of this form. If you don’t have access to a printer, just email the .pdf copy of your Program Agreement Form and copy your parent/guardian. I will email with you to confirm your agreement.
7) AFTER completing the steps above AND RECEIVING your approval email from SVVSD, you may REGISTER for your course/s with FRCC.
- FRCC Registration opens on April 26, 2021
- Returning CE/FRCC students – Please register using your eWolf account
8) STUDENTS who are NEW to Concurrent Enrollment: Complete the FRCC Online Orientation for High School Students (date/s and format To Be Determined)
PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER FOR A COURSE FOR WHICH YOU HAVE NOT BEEN APPROVED. If you do, you will be held responsible for paying the full tuition and fees for this class.
For more details, please refer to the SVVSD Concurrent Enrollment Checklist.
Niwot High School’s Concurrent Enrollment Contact and SVVSD Concurrent Enrollment Contacts:
- David Keyek, NHS Counselor, email@example.com, 720.494.3930 X46533
- Stacy Judson, SVVSD Curriculum Office, firstname.lastname@example.org, 303.702.7591
Important Dates for Front Range Community College
- April 15 – FRCC Online class schedule opens
- April 26 – FRCC Enrollment Begins
- August 23 – FRCC Classes Begin
- September 7 – FRCC Drop Deadline
Front Range Community College Contact : Jaime Bertrand, email@example.com, 303.678.3764
University of Colorado Denver P-TEACH Program
P-TEACH introduces SVVSD students to careers in education through four Concurrent Enrollment courses taught at the SVVSD Innovation Center but credited through CU – Denver