NHS Peer Tutoring
- Peer Tutors – ask your counselor for information about Peer Tutors offering their tutoring services this year!
Department-Specific Resources and Links
- Regents Exam Prep Center – A NY High School Test Prep site for math, science & history
- Math Bits – Live long and love math
- WolframAlpha – A fundamentally new way to get knowledge and answers
- Education Portal – College Algebra – Very useful college level algebra video series
- Desmos – Free online graphing calculator (iPad app available)
- Khan Academy – 4,500 videos on everything from arithmetic to physics, finance, and history and hundreds of skills to practice.
- Algebra Review – Offers 10 comprehensive tutorials on radicals and exponents, solving equations and inequalities, functions and first degree curves, and more.
- Cool Math – Algebra 1 students. This site has games, lessons, and resources for solving equations, graphing, etc.
- SOS Mathematics – A free resource for math review material from Algebra to Differential Equations.
- Ask Dr. Math – a question and answer service for math students and their teachers. A searchable archive is available by level and topic.
- Shmoop.com – St. Vrain pays for a subscription for this site. There are resources for SAT and ACT prep, as well as AP tests and all of the standard math courses as well (e.g. Algebra II, etc.). Magic word: ELUCIDATE
- The Online Writing Lab (OWL)– The Online Writing Lab at Purdue University is a great resource for students.
- EasyBib – The Automatic Bibliography and Citation Generator
- Turnitin – Turnitin improves the student writing cycle by preventing plagiarism and providing rich feedback to students.
- AP Central – The official AP College Board website. Excellent resources for AP classes.
- What Should I Read Next? – Enter a book you like and the site will analyse our huge database of real readers’ favorite books to provide book recommendations and suggestions for what to read next.
Social Studies Resources
- CIA World Factbook – https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/
- BBC Online – The British Broadcasting Corporation
- New York Times
- I Like to Learn
- Conjuguemos – The site stores a large amount of practice activities, with more exercises added during the year by our users.
- Study Spanish – If you want to learn to speak Spanish, you’ve come to the right place.
- Spanish Language and Culture
- Word Reference – for Translations
- quizlet.com – you can use this site to make your own flashcards or see flashcard sets that others have made
- Private Tutors: Susan Hartman firstname.lastname@example.org (former Niwot Spanish teacher), Karen Browne email@example.com, Jay Minaya firstname.lastname@example.org, Marian Hobbs at Learning Unlimited email@example.com, Jay Stype owner of Tutor Doctor firstname.lastname@example.org or www.trustedtutoring.com 303-653-5616
- Student Tutors: 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month in room 430 from 2:30-3:00
- TV5MONDE – the world’s French-language channel.
- Phosphore – French magazine
- Francais Interactif – French grammar and vocabulary resources
- Youtube – Many short animations and explanations already exist on YouTube. Just google the topic in and choose!
- Conjuguemos – The site stores a large amount of practice activities, with more exercises added during the year by users.
- French 1 and 2 Resources – http://www.glencoe.com/sec/worldlanguages/ – Traditional levels
- French 1, 2 & 3 Resources – http://fr.maryglasgowplus.com/ – Traditional, Pre-IB and IB
- Quizlet – http://quizlet.com/- you can use this site to make your own flashcards or see flashcard sets that others have made.
All Science Subjects
- Upperclassmen Tutoring – TBD
- PHET Interactive Simulations– Free online Physics, Biology, Chemistry and Earth Science simulations.
- IB seniors provide after school tutoring in any science subject starting at 2:40 after school. Please note that they stay until all questions have been answered for the day and then leave, so students should come at 2:40pm. Ask your science teacher about the room used for tutoring this year!
- Khan Academy
- Bozeman Biology
- Tyler Dewitt – You Tube – Chemistry
- Bozeman Chemistry
Earth Systems/Environmental Science
- www.dlese.org – for Earth Systems Science
- Bozeman Earth and Environmental Science
- Open Studio is offered 1-2 times per week. Check in with your art teacher to find out which days they hold open studio!
- The art rooms are open during A Lunch for students to get help.