Niwot High School offers a rigorous academic pathway for students pursuing Advanced Placement and Honors courses with 15 weighted grade Advanced Placement options and 13 weighted grad Honors/Niwot Pre IB options.
The Advanced Placement (AP) Program is a rigorous academic program that allows students to take college-level coursework while they’re still in high school and potentially earn college credit and placement.
AP courses offered 21-22:
- AP Language and Composition
- AP U.S. Government and Politics
- AP Literature and Composition
- AP Psychology
- AP Micro/Macro Economics
- AP Calculus AB
- AP Calculus BC
- AP Statistics
- AP Spanish Language
- AP Computer Science Principles
- AP Computer Science A
- AP Environmental Science
Within the first two weeks of school, students will join each CollegeBoard AP course, which will automatically register them for the AP exam in May. The cost of each AP exam is currently $95 and subject to change from year to year. Additional costs may apply for late payments, cancellations, etc. Financial assistance may be available for students who demonstrate financial need.
Keep in mind:
- AP courses require a significant time commitment
- Summer work may be assigned
- Students who register for AP courses are expected to remain in the course for the duration of the course (either semester or year) – exceptions to this will require administrative approval and will only be made in extenuating circumstances
- If a student does not wish to take the exam, the AP Exam Opt Out form will need to be completed, signed by both student and parent, and returned to the AP coordinator by September 24th, 2021