Please use the course catalog to read about the classes offered at NHS. Your current teachers are a great resource and they know your ability well, so ask them for their opinions. Contact your counselor if you have questions about classes and finding the right balance and fit for you.
Current eighth grade students interested in joining the Niwot Pre-IB (NPIB) for the 2021-2022 academic school year are expected to electronically complete and submit this NPIB Intent to Enroll Form to initiate the NPIB Enrollment process by December 18, 2020. NPIB Enrollment Forms submitted after that date will be considered and processed on a rolling admission basis. Sucessfully submitted forms will be acknowleged by the NHS IB Coordinator within one week of submission. If you believe you have sucessfully submitted this form, but have not heard back from the NHS IB Coordinator within one week of submission, please email email@example.com to check on the status of your submission.
Students and families that reside outside of Niwot High School’s designated attendance area that are interested in attending Niwot High School will be required to complete the Open Enrollment Application between 12/01/20 and 12/15/20.
NPIB/Honors courses at Niwot High School are typically undertaken by students who earned grades of A or B in their middle school courses and plan on taking the advanced course pathways during the 11th and 12th grades at Niwot High School. These advanced pathways may include the IB Diploma Programme and/or any combination of AP (Advanced Placement) and/or IB courses. All IB courses inlcude summative/end of the year (May) externally assessed exams. The IB exam cost is currently $119 per IB exam.
Prospective NPIB students currently not attending any of the SVVSD middle schools are required to submit their academic records (including middle school transcript, attendance records, standardized test scores) to be considered for the NPIB Enrollment. This submission should be sent via email to the NHS IB Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students enrolled in the NPIB course sequence in anticipation of the IB DP participation in grades 11th and 12th engage in the following NPIB courses and requirements:
- NPIB/Honors English in grades 9th and 10th
- NPIB/Honors World Language (French or Spanish) in grades 9th and 10th- Since the IB DP requires Language Acquisition (Language B), NPIB students who plan to undertake the IB DP and exceed NPIB Level 2 as incoming Freshman must register for new to them World Language.
- NPIB/Honors World Geography/History in 9th grade and NPIB/Honors US History in 10th grade
- NPIB/Honors Biology in 9th grade and NPIB/Honors Physics/Chemistry in 10th grade
- Math courses as appropriate to students’ readiness
- A total of 50 hours of unpaid community service in grades 9 and 10
Contact the NHS IB Coordinator via email: email@example.com with questions about NPIB and/or IB programming at Niwot High School.