Niwot Pre-IB (NPIB), available in grades 9 and 10, prepares students for participation in either the IB Diploma Programme or Advanced Placement courses in grades 11 and 12.
Niwot Honors classes, which are combined with the NPIB classes, prepare students for participation in selected Advanced Placement courses based on student interests and academic strengths.
Students enrolling in NPIB engage in the following prescribed courses and requirements to prepare them for the IB DP:
- NPIB/Honors English in grades 9th and 10th
- NPIB/Honors World Language (French or Spanish) in grades 9th and 10th
- NPIB/Honors World Geography/History in 9th grade and NPIB/Honors US History in 10th grade
- NPIB/Honors Biology in 9th grade and NPIB/Honors Chemistry in 10th grade
- Math courses (each year) ranging between Algebra 1, Geometry, Intermediate Algebra, Honors Geometry, Algebra 2, Honors Algebra 2, Pre-calculus w/Trig, Honors Pre-calculus w/Trig, Stats/Trig, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Statistics
- 50 hours of unpaid community service in grades 9 and 10